Monday, February 2, 2009

help for phelps

So what's our take on the old Michael Phelps bong smoking saga?

He's just released his official statement:
I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again.

Think he can bounce back from that?

Remember when Stephanie Rice posed as a stripper for a party and some savvy journalist found the images? The Telegraph called them "happy snaps" which I think is pretty hilarious! Well, she managed to bounce back from that 'embarrassment' pretty quickly with an FHM photo shoot!



Both Rice and Phelps are Speedo ambassadors, and the two were rumoured to have been 'seen kissing' by savvy New York Post (the irony isn't lost on me, no) reporter not long after the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.

Sultry Steph denied any connection with Michael (ouch), and then "sexy" Amanda Beard was linked to the swimstar too, but refuted claims saying "Eww, that's nasty. I have never, ever hooked up with Michael Phelps... Come on, I have really good taste..."

OUCH.

After rejection like that I'd wanna get high as a kite too phelpsy... but maybe you should ask Steph for her agent's number?

No comments: