Tuesday, July 22, 2008

fasssssh rassssssh

Street fashion blogs confuse me.

Reason one: Who has the time to walk the streets of any major city taking pictures of people's interesting outfits? Don't they have commitments that occupy their time? Like work? Or School? Or fasssshhh college/film school?

Reason two: Who are the people who wander the streets all day looking good? Don't they have commitments that occupy their time? Like work? Or School? Or fasssshhh college/film school?

Reason three: Most of the images are uninspiring and carbon copies of each other. If I see another skinny guy with a black hat, pointy leather shoes, open shirt over a tee and skin-tight black jeans with his mouth open in a "heyyy sick partyyyy!!!!" pout I think I'll have to turn gay.

I guess the appeal is that it is an opportunity for people to see themselves made 'famous' in public forums. Just like 1,000+ images in the SNAP section of Brag, duh!

If I had a website that was about fashion and street style, I'd post pictures like the one below.



Because she was in theme, looked amazing that night, and I imagine its a pretty safe bet that no one would be spotted perusing a design store, hipster market or coffee shop in anything similar!

No comments: