Tuesday, July 1, 2008

XXXclusive Emergency


I've posted about Melbourne duo The Emergency quite a bit. I've been a huge huge fan of their stuff for years (first as an electro-clashy four piece on Feral Media and now as a minimal disco inspired independent duo) and when I interviewed them for Pages Magazine in 2007 I fell in love with them - they're super sweet!

Rather than rushing their second album, they've been carefully composing and reworking tracks and taking time out to perfect their live show. Word from the boys is the record is now 80% finished, and to celebrate Morgan and Milo are releasing a 12" through Metal Postcard - a NY label I've blogged about previously on Movestill. Forever/Too Much is currently off getting pressed and you'll be able to grab copies on vinyl (white vinyl too) and CD here. Head there and you can also grab some free mp3s by ollo, dj foundation, dsico, wax audio, wel hung dj, and dj grandbrother as summer vibes seem to be making Metal Postcard all generous of spirit!

Speaking of generous of spirit, The Emergency were kind enough to send me though a preview of the 12" and said I could offer up an exclusive free mp3 download (...see what I mean about them being super sweet?!)

I thought you might like this one:

Too Much (Brothers Remix) (ZShare)

How great is the looped chorus, hand clap style bass thump and ascending/descending synth?! Amazing, right?!

No comments: